North Seattle College is hosting a Open Textbook Workshop on April 20, 2010, from 10-3, with lunch included. Come and join the effort in making textbooks more affordable. Become an advocate and trainer for Open Textbooks.
This event is sponsored by the Community College Open Textbook Project and The Washington State Board of Community And Technical Colleges (SBCTC) and free for all who want to attend. SBCTC is also offering to pay for mileage of those who are traveling more than 50 Miles to attend the event.
Advocates and Trainers will learn how to:
- Foster interest in open textbooks
- Assist faculty with discovering, selecting, and adopting open textbooks
- Assist students in choosing a format (online, downloaded, printed, bound)
- Work with all the stakeholders on campus including bookstore, print
shop, library, and administration
- Provide feedback to the authors and educational community
- Plan, market, and deliver an adoption workshop
- Find textbook usage and costs on your campus
In addition to travel reimbursement, Advocates and Trainers will receive a $1,500 stipend to assist in their development, as well as to present a faculty workshop about Adopting Open Textbooks at their local college campus.