Student success is very important to us at Clark College. Each term, we ask students to complete evaluations for selected courses. Your opinion as a student is highly valued by your instructor and the college, as it is used to improve our courses. Your feedback is strictly confidential and anonymous. Course instructors will receive a report after the quarter has ended and all grades have been entered into the college system. The reports are a collection of all student responses and no individual student is identified.
This academic year (2015-16), Clark has adopted a new strategy to make the course evaluation process easier and more efficient by using a fully online solution called EvaluationKIT.
Not all courses are evaluated each quarter, so you may or may not receive an invitation to participate. If you do receive an invitation, keep in mind that these surveys will only be available for a limited time, so be sure to submit your feedback before it expires. EvaluationKIT will continue to send reminders until you’ve submitted your feedback or the project is over.
You can access your course evaluations from your Canvas profile, the sidebar in your course, or from the emailed invitations and reminder notifications that you will receive if your course has been included in an evaluation project. You can also quickly take the survey using the free mobile app for your iPhone or Android device. The course evaluation email invitation will contain the directions and your personal mobile access token. Here is how to access your survey…
If your course is using Canvas:
- Click the Go to Evaluations link in the pop-up reminder that appears when you access a course being evaluated.
- Click on Course Evaluation in the left navigation sidebar of your Canvas course (only found in courses being evaluated).
If your course is NOT using Canvas and you receive an email invitation to evaluate your course:
- Login on Canvas and click on your name (upper right) and Course Evaluations in the left sidebar of your profile page.
- Click the link in the email to directly access the survey.
- Download the free app for your iPhone or Android device and enter your personal mobile access token (included in your initial invitation email)
The video below describes how to complete your evaluation.
Be sure to contact the TechHub right away if you experience any technical difficulties with the online surveys. You can also file a Tech Ticket 24/7/365 by clicking Help and Report a Problem on the Canvas site.
For those students who have participated in a course evaluation, thank you for your valuable contribution with our continuous process to improve our courses, and student success, at Clark College!