Canvas, Clark College’s Learning Management System (LMS), will have a new look and updated functions beginning Wednesday, June 22. This change is referred to in the Canvas Student Guides as the new Canvas User Interface (UI).
What will change?
- The background image for the Clark Canvas login page will change.
- Your login credentials (username and password) will remain the same.
- Global Navigation moves from the top of the screen to a left-hand sidebar.
- Account, Courses, and Help icons will have pop-out menus that appear when clicked.
- “Logout” will be accessed via the Account icon on the left side. The Account icon shows your avatar photo, which you can click to access your account settings and log out to protect your account.
- The Help icon is located near the bottom of the sidebar.
- New Dashboard defaults to a grid of multi-colored course “cards”, which provides access and updates in favorited courses.
- You can toggle between the Course Cards view and the Activity Stream.
- The Grades link moves from the Global Navigation to the right side-bar on the Dashboard.
- Canvas should be easier to use on a wide range of screen sizes.
- The left-hand course navigation can collapse or expand when the width of a browser window changes or when you click the menu icon (a square icon of three horizontal lines: ).
Watch this video to learn more about the changes:
You may view the script for this video here.
This quick-guide (pdf) highlights the new UI changes that you will see. You can also attend an on-campus information session/open lab for a tour of the new interface as well as hands-on help with getting started in your eLearning class.
Log in now and check it out: Clark College Canvas